Saturday, April 17, 2010

A letter to you

And the walked with an umbrella over their heads, without a single word.
But their footsteps splashing in the water, and the sound of endless rain spoke for itself.

I bet we'd never have expected ten years ago,
to find ourselves where we are now right here,
But yellow wood and crimson ribbons are of the past,
and here's the reason I'm sorry for you dear.

I'm sorry we never got a chance to actualise what I already knew existed.
I'm sorry I couldn't take that step with bold shoulders like you'd ask me to.
I'm sorry we strayed from our path and memories turned grey.
I'm sorry for nothing else except the fact that I loved you.

And I'm sorry for the laughter that echoes deep down inside.
I'm sorry for those hollow holes we've created in each other.
I'm sorry that one day you'd wake up and find,
that I'm no longer here because I never existed.
Because maybe, just maybe, it's you who's taking that great leap to the place I will never be.

No comments:

Post a Comment